Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolution Time...

Yes, for those of you who have continued to follow this blog, you will not be too surprised to know that I haven't forgotten you--just the blog. And since this is the dawning of a new year, I have decided I am going to do my best to keep up with my writing. I figure perhaps this can be a gratitude blog. I have realized that in the time I've been "not-blogging", I have fallen into the "I want what I don't have" type of mentality when in reality, I have soooo sooo much to be thankful for. So throughout this year, I will dedicate this blogging to my gratitude in all the big and little packages it comes in.

But first things first, I will share with you my new year's resolutions for 2011 (all of which are in no particular order-just the order of "DO THEM THIS YEAR"). So if I start the "not-blogging" again, any of you can give me a little nudge...And off we go on the road to a happier me (and possibly everyone else around me):

1. Learn something NEW: learn to play the guitar; crocheting; story writing; tech stuff...
2. Book of Mormon Challenge: Read at least one verse a day (personal study and with the girls); Study what we are reading (study guides); Pray about the things we are reading/learning (Testimony Building opportunity)--GOAL DATE: June 21, 2011 (Read the whole Book of Mormon with the girls before Ashlynn turns 8). MAKE IT A PRIORITY
3. Chore charts; Meal plans; homework schedules; preschool worksheets; ORGANIZATION
--Chores: done daily; specific chores for girls; work together (teaching/learning opportunity)
--Meals: budget; eat healthier; buy in BULK
--Homework: extra homework; workbooks during the summer time; additional reading for Ashlynn; Read to the girls every night (1 chapter a night; read from Book of Mormon too)
--Preschool: letters/numbers recognition; writing practice; preparation for kindergarten (Ellyce)
--ORGANIZE: word for the year is MINIMIZE (do we really need it?); go through each room-clean; organize; label; store;
--CONSISTENCY: discipline; schedules; be motivated-now is the time to teach proper values and to show them how to choose the right
**Be strong; be honest; be prayerful; be humble; be loving...
4. Read at least 30 minutes a day--use my NOOK...enjoy the classics (or try to). Keep a journal of all the books I read and the ones I want to...
5. Personal Prayers-EVERY MORNING; set alarm; Be specific in my prayers-be thoughtful; be honest; be sincere; be grateful...MAKE IT A PRIORITY
6. Speak more softly: be patient; be understanding;be loving; be open/honest with my feelings; be strong (stand for what I KNOW is RIGHT)...
7.Preach my Gospel: read, study, and pray as I go through the manual; strengthen my own testimony and share it with others; be an example to friends and family members; Be done with the manual by DEC. 2nd.
8. Drink more water and less soda-eat more fruits and vegetables; meal plans-always have a fruit/veggie with a meal. Do NOT eat out-unless for a special occasion (teach proper manners at home and if we are out)
9. Family Home evenings: be consistent; plan ahead; share a quick lesson; find scriptures to go along with the stories/principles taught; print off coloring pages for the girls; play games; sing songs; MAKE IT A PRIORITY-MAKE IT FUN!
10. Temple Attendance: date night; try to go at least once a month. MAKE IT A PRIORITY.
11. Date nights: 2x's a month (or more); be creative (and frugal); TALK; MAKE IT A PRIORITY
12. QUALITY TIME as a family (and friends)-what if most important? WHAT and WHO are valuable to me? Knowing this, spend more time on the people that matter the most and the things that matter
--Date nights with each daughter: know them and let them know how special they are to us
13. Fulfill my Church Calling: primary president-get to know our primary children and our teachers; be available as much as possible to help those in our primary (counselors/secretary); get to know my counselors better; be prayerful and remember to ask God to bless our primary children; Search ponder and pray about sharing time lessons--continually work on my own personal testimony while helping our primary children develop their own; be creative and fun; be observant to their needs...
14. TITHING: teach the girls
15. STAY HOME MORE: avoid over-scheduling the girls' days; do more at home (homeschooling for girls-Ellyce prepared for kindergarten in August); LESS or NO TV! Chore charts; schooling curriculum (preschool); weekly grocery shopping trips (avoid impulse buys); play outside more-QUALITY TIME with the girls; 1 day a week play dates.
16. Maintain house: save money for bigger purchases like furniture or appliances; keep each room as organized as possible (MINIMIZE); home decor'; no more junk piles (if we don't use it or have already read it-magazines-then get rid of it); paint the laundry room; repaint our room; organize garage and closets (possible shelving units for closets-utilize the space; no more dressers for the girls)
17. Write in my journal/maintain my personal blog: daily writing in small black journal; write in the big one for personal scripture study and preach my gospel lessons and ensign talks or whatever else...testimony building studying;
--be specific: ask questions and pray to know the answers
--pray before I begin studying (maintain a spiritual atmosphere)
--Learn and study the scriptures/principles-teach the girls EVERY CHANCE I GET!!!
18.Read my Patriarchal blessing often: There are blessings in there and goals that I can achieve-know what they are so that I can work towards them
19. Be sincere and honest-get to know myself and the woman/daughter of God/wife/mother that I am becoming (or can potentially become); say my true feelings-don't be a chameleon; be firm in my beliefs/testimony; teach the girls how to stand up for what they know is right...
20. Get lost in service: serve others; send out birthday cards; thank you cards; thinking of you cards; let other know that I truly care for them; call or text family members more often--or friends who have moved...
--serve my husband always: find ways to be more helpful to him and show him through acts of service my love for him
--serve my daughter always: put their needs FIRST (doesn't matter if I don't feel like doing something-do it for them; show them how to serve others also.
21. Read these resolutions often; work hard; PUT IN THE EFFORT IN ORDER TO GET THE RESULTS. Pray for the help I need to accomplish these goals and do not procrastinate...DO IT NOW!

Yes, this year I think I have doubled my resolutions. I guess I have a lot of things I really want to do-even more so, I need to do them! I think that I can be a pretty awesome person if I have the right mindset to do so...I will be the best darn mom, wife, friend, daughter, neighbor, and whatever else...I CAN DO IT! So here's to 2011 new year's resolutions!

No comments:

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)