Thursday, July 31, 2008

Adding some spunk...




I thought after writing a novel for the first few journal entries, I would perhaps try to put in some pictures. So here is a picture of Ashlynn, Ellyce, and Jillian my three little princesses. While I'm on the subject of my little ones, I am amazed at how much they've grown. Ashlynn will be starting kindergarten August 25th-never thought the day would come when I'd have to send her off to school. Little backpack, hair done so cute, silly school uniform...the works. After the initial first drop-off, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine (but still-I'm going to miss my little girl). Ellyce is 2 1/2 and is as sassy as I probably was at her age. She is my firecracker for sure. She doesn't really like to listen to me or her daddy so she usually gets a time out. Her favorite thing is to dance around the house-most recently she is singing and dancing around the house. Figures, right? She does exactly what Ashlynn does-I might as well start a band. We need a couple of guitars-I'll leave the drums to Jillian who can substitute the real thing with some extra pots and pans. She'll do great. Speaking of Jillian, she is now 9 months old and into everything. Jillian stands up to our bed and tries to walk around it, but in the past two days she gotten a few boo boos from it. At least her ouchies are all on the same side...poor thing. Nathan had her standing up yesterday-she stood there for like five seconds. She needs to figure out that she'll be fine if she just takes a step (not that I'm wanting her to start walking yet).

Anyways-I just want to really start counting my blessings. I have three beautiful and healthy daughters. I have an amazing and supportive husband who works hard for our family. I am truly grateful to be blessed with an eternal family. I know this life is over in the blink of an eye-I know I need to just "ENJOY THE JOURNEY" (as my Uncle Rex always says). I do treasure these times...they're quite challenging at times, but I know that with some perserverance and love I (we, actually) can make it through. Enjoy the pictures-they sure do add some spunk to my life. I wouldn't trade that for anything in this world.

No comments:

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)