Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day!

Can you see their "I voted" stickers? They were my big voting helpers today. Happy Voting!

Today was the big day for voting. I dropped Ashlynn off at school then took Ellyce and Jillian with me to VOTE! I was expecting some seriously long lines and of course, some very reluctant children of mine...However, I got right in, got my ballot, voted, turned it in, and didn't have to try and find where my kids were. They stood right beside me while I made my voice heard. I was so proud and honored. We all got our special stickers too-which of course, was the ultimate highlight of their trip to the polls.

I want them to know, even though they may not quite understand any of what went on today, that I am so very grateful and priviledged to have the right to vote for the president of our country, to make my own voice heard out of the millions voting today. I hope someday they will take pride in the fact that they are blessed to be able to vote for who is in charge of this great nation. Hope you all have voted (and if not, hurry up)-Happy Election Day to all!

No comments:

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)