Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Countdown to baby...

Well, it's getting to be that time...we're about 37 weeks which means this little Jones girl could come any day (although we're trying to hold out until at least the first week of July). We're so excited-the girls ask me every day when the baby will come out of my belly. I just tell them soon (and to stop asking me). They can't wait either-Ashlynn thinks this baby will look like her; Ellyce thinks this baby will look like her; and Jillian just says "Belly-baby" without really knowing that this little one will soon be the baby and she'll be the big girl.

We will of course be keeping you all posted on the actual date of our C-Section, but like that's been useful in the past (I usually go a bit early with all our girls). Just wanted to give you all a quick heads-up on our latest Jones girl. According to the last ultrasound I had (June 12th), she should be around 5 pounds now (maybe more) and is healthy. Yesterday at my doctor's appointment, Dr. Linnerson said her head is already down which is better than the other way around (not that it matters when I'm having a C-Section anyways). I had been measuring small for this point in my pregnancy (which explains the ultrasound) but after the ultrasound, the tech just said the reason for me measuring smaller was because the baby was sideways with her head on my right side and her little butt on my left. How funny, but now the doctor said her head is down so that's better...means the end is near (hurray).

1 comment:

The Greenwalds said...

I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see some pictures. Hope everything goes well!

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)