Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July!



Even though it's the 3rd of July, the girls are already wearing some red-white-and-blue attire to help with the spirit of the season. I JUST love the 4th of July. I have to say that it is my most favorite holiday-and the only reason why that I can think of is just wonderful childhood memories. The 4th of July was a family time at our house-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, and nieces, and close friends (and sometimes just random people) would show up at our house to enjoy the holiday with us. We always had good food and even better company. To top it all off, we had the best seats in the house to watch the firework show put on by our local fire department. We'd sit out on the front porch/lawn and watch the older boys try to light each other on fire during bottle rocket wars, or let the little kids run around waving sparklers through the grass. Those are some of my best memories. I couldn't tell you all the glorious, and elaborate gifts I'd get for Christmas, but I CAN remember all the special and more gratifying memories during the 4th of July holidays growing up. So here's wishing you all a very Happy (and safe) 4th of July!

No comments:

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)