Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Day Before the BIG Day

It has finally arrived. Ashlynn is heading off to kindergarten tomorrow. Bright and early at 8 AM. Although she is only going to be gone for 3 hours, I know it's going to feel like 3 days. I set out her first day outfit already so that we're ready to go in the morning. I have my alarm clock set for 6:03 AM just to ensure we're up and at 'em. I want to make her a nice hot breakfast of French Toast and some fruit (something good and hearty) so she won't be starving by 9 o'clock. Wow-I think I'm actually ready. Ready? I don't think we're ever ready for our children to grow up. I have come to the realization that no matter how ready our kids are, we as parents are not that ready for them to move on. I know that it's just kindergarten (and half-day kindergarten at that) but still. It's the start, the foundation, of her future. I guess deep down in my heart I am hoping that all that I have honestly tried to teach her will shine through while she is out of my care. I understand fully what it must have felt like for my mother when each of us kids left for school the first time. I am quite certain that I am going to feel the exact same way with each of my girls as I am feeling now with only my first, my sweet little Ashlynn. I am excited and believe it or not...READY!

No comments:

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)