Monday, August 11, 2008

Same ol' same ol'...

How is it that my day seems completely filled with stuff to do but it never gets done? Oh, I know why...Ashlynn, Ellyce, and Jillian. Nothing new to report but did want you all to know I was still here surviving the lovely 105 degree weather. At least it's a break from being 115...ahhh. I have been busy trying to find time to read the newest Stephenie Meyer book, Breaking Dawn. My friend, Kara Martin and I decided to go to the midnight book release party at Barnes and Noble Friday night (August 2nd) which was pretty fun. Timothy and I went to the Harry Potter midnight book release party when that came out (that was even crazier than this one). Teenagers were all dressed up in their prom dresses-felt like deja vu' for a little bit. Oh to be young again! No thanks.

I am not really working at the dance studio although I've already subbed for two classes already (how is it that they still get me to come in and teach). I actually get to teach the aerobics class on Monday mornings which is fun. It's more of a dance aerobics. We do a ballet type of warm up and some abdominal combinations then a dance type of cardio for the end of class. I've only taught it once-I've really got to learn how to keep things flowing more smoothly. It is quite different teaching adults rather than kids-not the change of pace, but more like the change in attitude. Kids complain a lot more with what you're teaching them and adults just do what you ask them to do-no questions asked (no complaints either unless the workout is tiring, then we get a few moans and groans-a good thing).

It is weird not teaching so much at the studio. Instead of teaching, I am taking the aerobics classes in the mornings. Mondays I teach. Wednesdays we have weight class with a lot of cardio (an excellent workout). On Friday we have ball class which is amazing also. Overall the week is just fantastic. I feel like I'm still getting myself in shape minus the dancing. I do wish I could get back to teaching, but I figure I need this time to be with my family and concentrate on them. It is hard when you are a people pleaser like me to have to tell other people no for once. I want more than anything to be a firm foundation for my family-be a good wife, a good mother, a good overall example for my children. I understand that comes with time, and I figure I've got 24 usable hours in my day, even though it tends to feel like "Same ol' same ol'"!

No comments:

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)