Monday, October 24, 2011

October is almost over...

How did this happen?!? I can't believe that this month flown by. We haven't done anything that would make the month go faster-maybe it's all that Halloween talk from the girls. Every day they are wanting to be something else for Fright Night! I found Ashlynn a Hawaiian girl outfit (complete with grass skirt, flower necklace, shell necklace, and fake bikini top) but she wants to be the CORPSE BRIDE again. For Ellyce, I found her an adorable little 1930's flapper costume with the fringe and sequins to boot...but no. She wants to be a Southern Belle like she was last year-but she wants me to make her a hat (since her costume didn't come with one like it showed on the picture). I found Jillian a Pocahontas costume but she has no clue as to who she is-so that of course is out of the question. She wants to wear the costume I found for Natalee which is a little ballerina outfit (had to have been the real thing for a dance recital-it is legit). Amazingly enough, it fits Jillian even though it is ridiculously small. Oh well. I guess ballerina it is. And as for Natalee, she'd be happy in whatever. Today for instance, she picked out a princess dress that we had in our dress up box. I think that will work out just fine. I have to stitch it up a bit from all the wear and tear on it, but she LOVES it.

I started school last Thursday. I am getting my Master's in Secondary Education so I can teach middle school or high school. I am hoping to teach English, but at this point, I JUST WANT TO TEACH. I am super excited. I figure I will be able to teach during the day then coach the dance team or something like that afterwards. It would allow me to do the two things I love-teach and dance. Oh the possibilities.

Well, the world keeps on spinning no matte how much we wish it'd slow down. So here is a premature goodbye to October. Adios.

No comments:

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)