Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Awww, to be dancing again...

I was able to substitute dance tonight. It's the first time I've danced since the summer. It felt soooooooooooooo good. I taught the advanced Ballet. It was great. I had a full hour and a half to get in all I wanted. I was even a bit short on time-poor girls, I worked their little tails off.

I am not your traditional ballet teacher-I love doing ballet to more modern/classical music. Like instead of Beethoven, we danced to the soundtrack for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. It was great (a lot of Spanish sounding tempos). In terms of non-traditional ballet teaching, I certainly added my own "Cindy-isms" into our combinations. My true passion in dancing is Lyrical-so of course, I added a few moves in there (just to spice things up).

Awwww, even though I was just a sub tonight...it was fantastic. It was exactly what I needed. An hour and a half of me and the dance floor (plus a few aspiring dancers as well).

P.S. I AM SOOOOOOO SORE! Awwww, to be getting old.....

1 comment:

Karl and Chantae said...

Hi Beautiful! Glad you got to do something that you love. Miss you guys. Hope everything is going well?!! Ah, you are such an inspiration. Love ya sexy mama!

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)