Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oh my heavens...

It is April. And I mean, APRIL 2012. I cannot believe what a slacker I have been. There has been a lot going on since I last wrote. For one...I am substitute teaching at a few schools around here in Maricopa. I have been:
a kindergarten teacher
a 1st grade teacher
a 3rd grade teacher
a 5th grade teacher
a 6th grade teacher
a 7th and 8th grade Literature, History, and Math teacher
a librarian
a music teacher
a high school dance teacher
a high school economics teacher (snicker, snicker)
a high school Spanish teacher (Si)
and as of tomorrow, an elementary P.E. teacher!

Ahhhhhhh! It is soooooo much fun! It's like Christmas every time I sub. Sometimes a disappointing/annoying/rip my hair out kind of Christmas, but Christmas nevertheless. I have a new set of kids that I get to teach and learn from. It has been such a great learning experience for sure. I do believe that I said I was getting my Master's in Secondary Education from Grand Canyon University...my last class was Classroom Management. And I swear, if I hadn't have been in the classroom and had the experiences I was learning about in my own online class, I would have been so lost. I am getting better and am learning (very quickly) how to NOT make the same mistakes I've made when I first started substituting.

Jillian and Natalee have been loving being able to go to preschool all day on the days that I substitute. I miss them terribly though. Plus, it's not every single day that I substitute. And that is a HUGE perk to being a sub--If I don't want to, I don't have to! Monday-Wednesday-Friday: Jillian and Natalee have preschool anyways, so if a spot opens up, then I try to take it. Tuesdays and Thursdays I help out at the girls' preschool. It is good experience doing all this teaching. I guess this is certainly one way to just DIVE RIGHT INTO TEACHING. Maybe my new mantra is: Go Big or Go Home! 'Cause I am going BIG!

The girls only have about 8-9 weeks left of school. It is crazy to think we are at the end of the school year. Jillian will be in Kindergarten (we are going to test her in), Ellyce will be in 1st grade, and Ashlynn in 4th! Crazy...fun, but crazy. That means 3x the amount of homework. Plus, I will be doing my student teaching by this time next year! AHHHHHH!!!

Nate has also decided to start a new adventure in his life as well--MEDICAL SCHOOL! He is taking some prerequisites at Chandler-Gilbert Community College and Grand Canyon University (Bio, Chem, Organic Chem...) then by next spring he will be ready for the MCAT's. Then who knows where we will go for Medical School...Arizona State University has a great medical school right here, so that is an option. I guess we will just cross that bridge when we get there.

Well, I am hoping all is well with the rest of you readers. Until next time...hopefully it won't be in six months! My apologize once again...

No comments:

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)