Monday, April 9, 2012

The No-Sugar-Challenge: Day ONE

So, we all know that I love my sugar right along there with the rest of you (who do not care to admit it), but I have turned in my sweet tooth for a much healthier one. Nathan's family decided to have a No-Sugar Challenge. We haven't quite mapped all of the major details out, but basically, NO SUGAR (candy, soda, twinkies, donuts...need I go on?!? This is even difficult to write out)! Ugh. This is quite depressing. I really would like a Dr. Pepper right now, however, I am sticking to this competition. I can't be the out-law in this! I must be strong! I have decided to post my daily meals/snacks just to show everyone I am sticking with this! Plus, I think we are going to have some big prizes at the end-well, here's hoping.

Breakfast: Bowl of Rice Chex Cereal with Milk (duh)
Smoothie-Milk, strawberries (fresh), 1/4 C. Orange Juice Concentrate (100% Juice)

Lunch: 2 Tortillas Plain
Cup of Milk
Small bowl of Green Grapes

Snack: Popcorn with White Cheddar Cheese Topping (oh my heaven's--so delicious)

Dinner: Cheese Quesidillas with Black Beans (Pureed black beans with a tablespoon of sour cream, some onion powder, salt and pepper-amazingly wonderful)
Cup of Milk

Bedtime/Blogging Snack: Water
Handful of dehydrated Apple Slices (no sugar-I checked)
4 Peanut Butter Crackers

***I, of course, don't feel any different, other than the incredible urge to chug an entire 2-Litre of Dr. Pepper right now. I do have a bit of a headache probably from not having a soda or caffinated beverage all day today, but that is to be expected. I have noticed that I am looking on every single lable we have to see if I can eat this or that. I have full faith that I can do this! I am quite certain my teeth will love me as well as my body in general. I have to find a good "go-to" type snack if I'm feeling the urge to want something sweet. Of course, having the Easter candy sitting out on the counter isn't helping with this will power thing, but no worries. I've frozen the cadbury eggs--those will last 6 months right??? Oh please.

To any or all of you wanting to join in the fun of our no-sugar challenge...just hop to it. Cold turkey isn't that bad-not yet anyway. The real withdrawls start probably tomorrow-beware!

No comments:

That's-a-my-girls!

That's-a-my-girls!
Ash-Ellyce-Jilly

Books I'm Reading

  • Book of Mormon
  • Soul Surfer-by Bethany Hamilton
  • Ida B.-Katherine Hannigan
  • Hunger Games-by Suzanne Collins
  • The Help-by Kathryn Stockett
  • Baby Proof- by Emily Giffin
  • Ramona and Her Mother-by Beverly Cleary
  • Utterly Me, Clarice Bean-by Lauren Child (for the girls)